Running Survey December 2015
Since I am a newbie to the blogging world, I like to read other running mom’s blogs. I recently read a blog post from Sue, from This Mama Runs For Cupcakes ,entitled running survey. I really enjoyed reading the answers to her survey, I guess I am kind of a nosy person. It’s kind of fun to find out another runners preferences. I thought I would try my hand at the survey.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
This one is easy. I love the beach. Every summer we go up to Winter Harbor Maine to visit my dad. It is beautiful up there. The air is so clean. The town actually has a 5K the first Saturday in August, which I sometimes compete in. It’s actually not on the beach as the shore up there is too rocky, but its close to the shore line. It’s takes place in Acadia National Park.
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I do not like to drink gatorade, it does not quench my thirst. I dehydrate easily. So water is my preferred liquid of choice. However, if there was not water I would have to say lemon, if they still make that flavor.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
First of all that is very generous of you. Second of all what I would want costs more than a $100. I would love to buy myself the the Garmin Forerunner 220
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
Oh definitely a training plan, I am not good with doing things on the fly. I like structure.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I would definitely prefer to start uphill and end downhill!! I like to get the hard stuff out of the way first! I tend to start strong and kind of putter out by the end of the race. I know they say you should save some of your energy for the end of a race but I can never seem do it.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
I like circuit training class at my gym. I like the class because its a combination of both lifting and aerobics. My gym is female only so the class is really nice and its all about girl power. The day after I have the feel good sore feeling, you know that type when you know you worked really hard. I find weight lifting to be EXTREMELY boring, so the class is a nice way to get my lifting done for the week. I usually take the class twice a week.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
I prefer either point to point or a loop. I hate out and backs, as I get easily discourage, especially when I see the fast runners flying past me towards the finish line.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
A good pair of sneakers, take the time to find the right pair for you.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
I live in the suburbs out side of NYC, there really is not that much wildlife, maybe the occasional squirrel. However I have seen a couple of deer. I know not everyone is a fan of them (in laws) but I love them. My mother used to like watching them to from outside our window. So when ever I see one, I think of her.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Nope, I don’t go that far.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
I started making these crust-less mini quiches, which consists of egg beaters, skim milk, low fat cheese, and bisquick. I am obsessed with them. They are so YUMMY. The best part about them is that they are only 104 calories per mimi quiche
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Always capris or a skirt. I can’t do shorts, it’s just not a pretty site, things start hanging out. Also they tend to rid up. Lululemon, makes a great skirt that has silicone grippy things on the shorts to help them stay put.
At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
I would say 1 mile into my run
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I take the key off the key chain and zip it in the pocket in the back of my skirt or capris.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
I have done that many races so I think I will have to pass on that question
I hope you enjoyed my running survey. I would love to hear some of your answers to the survey, pick a couple of questions and answer them in the comment section.